- Can you adjust the height of the discharge, or is there only one angle at which it will shoot out the snow?
- Is the discharge outfitted with a hand crank so that the angle of discharge can be adjusted from behind the machine, rather than making you move it by hand?
- Is the machine a two-stage unit? (A single-stage unit won't discharge heavy, wet snow very far at all)
- Is the machine a gas-driven unit? (An electric unit won't have much torque to discharge heavy, wet snow)
- Is the machine manufactured by a mainstream company with replacement parts readily available?