Brian Gongol Show on WHO Radio - November 15, 2009
We shouldn't trust the government to "create jobs." Case in point: The city of Chicago lets certain unions get away with highway robbery at the city's convention center. And those abuses are chasing conventions out of town. So, what's been done in the name of "protecting union jobs" has come around to destroying opportunity for the entire city, including the people holding those union jobs.
Your Federal government, in its infinite wisdom and even more infinite debt, is spending tax dollars to threaten to regulate beverages that contain both caffeine and alcohol. Because Irish coffee and the Cuba Libre need special attention, you know, when there's a backlog of generic drugs awaiting approval.
Buying a home? I've been keeping a checklist of what to look for when buying a house for years. Your additions and modifications to that list are always welcomed.
- Homebuying checklist
- Instead of controlling debt, why does the government keep giving away more? David Swenson of ISU says (in the Des Moines Register) that it's a gimmick to offer $8000 for homebuying. Our problem is that we're borrowing and not saving. The Federal debt keeps roaring up -- now nearly $12 trillion
- Why does the FDA bother to try regulating beverages with alcohol and caffeine? There's a backlog of drugs awaiting approval, and this is the best they can come up with? Besides, people have been making rum-and-Coke drinks for years.
- Abuses by Chicago unions working hand-in-hand with the city are chasing conventions out of town
- The famed Minnesota cancer boy is now cancer-free, because he used chemo
- Rupert Murdoch doesn't get the difference between search and content theft