Wise Guys on WHO Radio - April 3, 2010
Observations on the iPad:
- less portable than a smartphone
- less powerful than a laptop
- screens are going to break
- lack of a keyboard is going to get annoying
- at $499, costlier than an entry-level model of either a smartphone or a laptop
- Apple imposes too much single-payer-type nonsense
- useful if you spend most of your day holding a clipboard
- useful if you spend most of your day showing off pictures
Iowa joins a growing list of states banning behavior while driving. Applause to State Rep. Rick Olson for fighting "No policy without a crisis".
Windows released an out-of-band security update
Also, get the latest Firefox updates
Brain drain can be geographic, but we also experience a sort of "brain drain" away from useful purposes. We should consider whether we're putting good brains to good use when they're off developing things like iPhone and Facebook apps. What about all the effort that used to go into developing stuff for CompuServe?