Wise Guys on WHO Radio - April 4, 2015
The WHO Radio Wise Guys airs on WHO Radio in Des Moines, Iowa on 1040 AM or streaming online at WHORadio.com. The show airs from 1 to 2 pm Central Time on Saturday afternoons. A podcast of show highlights is also available. Leave comments and questions on the Wise Guys Facebook page or e-mail them to email@example.com.
Please note: These show notes may be in various stages of completion -- ranging from brainstormed notes through to well-polished monologues. Please excuse anything that may seem rough around the edges, as it may only be a first draft of a thought and not be fully representative of what was said on the air.
Ten laws of technology
- You can't keep the 1% of the population who are psychopaths and sociopaths from using the same technology as the rest of us
- Government intervention in technology will always have unintended consequences
- Everything you have now will work right in about 2 or 3 years -- but the new stuff won't quite
- Until investors demand return on capital, there will be no "investing" in the tech sector -- only speculation
- There will never be enough bandwidth
- Humans will be the weakest point in most technological systems
- We cannot figure out enough fast enough about how the brain works
- Technology is best when it substitutes for trivial decisions and supplements human thinking on big decisions
- Everyone needs ongoing tech ed
- It's much easier to get to the top than to stay at the top