Wise Guys on WHO Radio - August 1, 2015
The WHO Radio Wise Guys airs on WHO Radio in Des Moines, Iowa on 1040 AM or streaming online at WHORadio.com. The show airs from 1 to 2 pm Central Time on Saturday afternoons. A podcast of show highlights is also available. Leave comments and questions on the Wise Guys Facebook page or e-mail them to email@example.com.
Please note: These show notes may be in various stages of completion -- ranging from brainstormed notes through to well-polished monologues. Please excuse anything that may seem rough around the edges, as it may only be a first draft of a thought and not be fully representative of what was said on the air.
In the news this week
Gary Barrett will be joining us for the show today. As usual, when we have a guest, we like to get their technology biography:
- What kind of phone do you use?
- What kind of computer do you use?
- Do you have your own website(s)?
- What social media tools do you use? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Google Plus, YouTube, Pinterest?
- What is your next planned technology purchase?
- What is the far-out technology that you really can't wait to own? (For instance, mine is the self-driving car. And after that, I want a self-piloting airplane.)
Windows 10 is officially out, and it's available for free upgrades for current Windows 7 and 8 users.
Your role in cyberwar
Street-smart social media
I got a LinkedIn invitation from someone whose profile name includes "(18,700+)" -- indicating the number of connections he has on the network. What kind of nonsense is that? He doesn't know the equivalent of everyone in Clive. Don't encourage people like this. You're not getting anything special from the deal if you accept a pointless invitation like this, and you're only feeding a weird and pointless beast.
Gadget of the week
You ought to follow...
Dispatches from the flying-car future
Brian's Big Picture
Politics of technology
Listen again on-demand
- Podcast of this episode (forthcoming)