Brian Gongol Show on WHO Radio - October 31, 2010
A few links of interest from tonight's show:
- Condoleezza Rice visits with Craig Ferguson, and it's an unusually insightful look at the former Secretary of State
- The flying car is here, though it's a powered parachute instead of a winged Chevy
- Well-educated people are moving into Iowa faster than they're leaving. That's good news for us, and one can only hope that politicians get the message that it's more important to build and preserve an environment with good fundamentals (like good schools, safe neighborhoods, and a healthy environment) than to "incentivize" companies to move here. The right people will follow the right fundamentals, and they'll build the right businesses to sustain themselves. Don't put the cart before the horse.
- Whomever takes over Congress as a result of Tuesday's elections, they'll have to deal with our stunning budget problem: A $13.6 trillion Federal debt. We can't ignore the 400-pound gorilla.
- Mikhail Gorbachev, in a sense the "founding father" of Russian democracy, says Vladimir Putin is out of control. The world really can't afford for Russia to stray from a path of liberalization -- it's not good for the people of Russia, and we really can't afford another Cold War (see "Federal debt" above)