Urgent this week:
- Patch Tuesday is coming in a couple of days, so Microsoft Windows users need to make sure they get the updates installed
- Don't open the spam messages you're probably getting that say "You've received a postcard from a family member". They're part of a huge spam and virus campaign.
Important to do every week:
- Run a backup of your important computer files and store it in a safe location.
- Update your anti-spyware software and run it. If you need free anti-spyware software, download Spybot Search and Destroy.
- Update your anti-virus software and run it. If you need free anti-virus software, download AVG Anti-Virus.
Other recommended security measures:
- Set up a limited-access user account on your computer and use it for most purposes. Only use administrator mode when installing and uninstalling programs.
- Use Firefox, Opera, Safari, or another web browser other than Internet Explorer. They're easy to install.
Other helpful links: